Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in a position to where I need to refer people to any and all building trades.

I have a strong background in marketing and would like to set up arrangements with contractors that the contractor would pay me a finder's fee preferably consisting of a percentage of his profits of jobs he gets because of my referral (after he gets paid, of course).

My question is, due to the strictness of California contracting law, is this legal?

I want to be sure I am being 100% legal and ethical.

Thanks.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Jack, is anything legal in California? What happens if you forget to renew your license to breathe?

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Jack, is anything legal in California? What happens if you forget to renew your license to breathe?
30 day grace period....:laughing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks JumboJack

That's what I thought even though I'm not technically selling anything and would give a list of qualified contractors.

But...

It's not worth fighting over.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Thanks JumboJack

That's what I thought even though I'm not technically selling anything and would give a list of qualified contractors.

But...

It's not worth fighting over.
So you want to give people a list of "qualified" contractors and then the contractor has to pay you?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Probably a good call in California. How you guys navigate that world of red tape and bureaucracy and turn a profit is beyond me.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Probably a good call in California. How you guys navigate that world of red tape and bureaucracy and turn a profit is beyond me.
Profit?Does not compute?:laughing:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Is there a prize if I correctly guess your favorite burger joint?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts