Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently spoke with Calfinder about their lead generation service. They are looking to expand their service to the Boston market. They said that they call and scrub their leads before they are made available for sale. Also they said they are very particular about the contractors that they select for the service. Does anyone have any experience with them?

thanks

mark the coach

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
IMO, the upfront fee is not the best idea since the on-line lead service is such a shady place.

I spoke to Gabe over there several months ago and they follow up every few months to see if I have an interest. While they seem like nice people I just refuse to hand lead companies any more of my money without a taste of what they offer. If Calfinder or any other lead service has great leads that I need they can prove it by sending over a few for free. If the leads are in fact great I would be a fool not to pay them $80 or even $180 per lead.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why not just create a high quality website that ranks high in Google and Yahoo for the products and services you sell in the geographic areas you serve. You can generate your own high quality leads that only go to you.

You know, this is the same way these lead generators get their leads.

If you already have a website does it look very professional? It is important that your website look extremely professional and graphic to appeal to the consumers that are looking for high quality craftmanship and not just the cheapest bid. Cheap bid searching consumers look for contractors with generic websites.

I did it for my brick paving company (twobrothersbrickpaving.com) and its worked wonders.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Why not just create a high quality website that ranks high in Google and Yahoo for the products and services you sell in the geographic areas you serve. You can generate your own high quality leads that only go to you.

You know, this is the same way these lead generators get their leads.

If you already have a website does it look very professional? It is important that your website look extremely professional and graphic to appeal to the consumers that are looking for high quality craftmanship and not just the cheapest bid. Cheap bid searching consumers look for contractors with generic websites.

I did it for my brick paving company (twobrothersbrickpaving.com) and its worked wonders.

Just a thought.
Interesting post. The link from your sig is to a Page Rank 0 seo company started 10-15-08. Are you sure you want to pay $200.00 to 'them'??????????????? :eek: That's 3 different plces I answered this.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I spoke with thema nd decided not to use them. Ask them about their lead refund policy. This is why we decided not to use them. They may scrub their list but for $80 I expect to have an appointment. If the customer doesn't call me back I don't consider it a lead and want my money back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys, I was talking to a sales rep. today, when I told her I dont make any dicisions quickly and Id let her know next week,she came up with this line how there is only one spot in my area left open and not sure how long it will last. And how they have to many leads for the other contractors here. Well thats when the red flags went up and I came here. Im going to let it go. These companys always start showing up in slow times and slip away when we get busy again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts