Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

A few months ago my Ridgid 23g bit the bullet, so I went out and bought a ROK $30 special to finish up the job.

It's paid for itself but .... sucks. I've been looking to replace it with either a Grex or a Cadex.

I've narrowed it down to the Cadex (if only for the built in blower), but can't figure out the difference between the VI/23.35 and the CPB/23.35.

Both take pins up to 1"3/8. The VI is (I *think*) a newer model, yet the CPB seems to be more expensive at most places I'm looking.

Anyone know if there is any qualitative difference between both guns?

Cheers

·
Registered
746 Posts
I believe the reverse is true with the CPB/23 being the newer gun.

The major difference between the Grex and the Cadex is the ability of the Cadex to shoot slight head 23 gauge brads. The brads hold better than the headless pins making the gun useful for more than holding things while waiting for glue to set.

If you can live without the blower the Fasco F23 CA64-35PB may be worth a look. It also shoots brads. I own one which I purchased to replace a stolen Cadex and after close to a year and a half of heavy use I have had no problems. The price was around $180 from Floyd Tool with shipping. It is the same gun as the Cadex with a blue paint job minus the blower.

If you feel that you might want more holding power at some point look at a 21 gauge nailer. The hole is not much larger than the one left by a 23 gauge and much less than an 18 gauge nailer. I own a Cadex and have heard very good things about the Omer.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I've got a cadex and I hate it. It's super expensive and mine has been down for years. Parts are ridiculous expensive and have to be ordered from Canada. Bought a new driver and it cost me 60-70 bucks. Installed it the nailer and then Some seal inside blew. So now I am into this thing for almost 400 bucks and it still doesn't run. Not putting another dime into it. Bought a pioneer 1 5/8" crap one in a pinch and it has been serving me flawlessly for years. Sell you my cadex cheep.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fasco's were on my list while doing research, but seem to be hard to find in Canada. To the point of being far more expensive than the Cadex.

The CPB is on sale now for $139 (regular $220). The VI is regularly $200. Both online. Unfortunately, the local yards only seem to have the CPB for me to hold in my hands. I've been told the VI is newer and more "compact", but the CPB seems pretty good to me. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a *must have* feature.

The Grex is also an awesome gun. But my girlfriend has the P635. Since we both work and live together, I'm finding it easier for us to differentiate our tools if we don't have the same ones. (PS Dating a red seal carpenter is expensive....she actively ENCOURAGES me to buy tools...)

I believe the reverse is true with the CPB/23 being the newer gun.

The major difference between the Grex and the Cadex is the ability of the Cadex to shoot slight head 23 gauge brads. The brads hold better than the headless pins making the gun useful for more than holding things while waiting for glue to set.

If you can live without the blower the Fasco F23 CA64-35PB may be worth a look. It also shoots brads. I own one which I purchased to replace a stolen Cadex and after close to a year and a half of heavy use I have had no problems. The price was around $180 from Floyd Tool with shipping. It is the same gun as the Cadex with a blue paint job minus the blower.

If you feel that you might want more holding power at some point look at a 21 gauge nailer. The hole is not much larger than the one left by a 23 gauge and much less than an 18 gauge nailer. I own a Cadex and have heard very good things about the Omer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gentleman,

I work for Fasco and can attest to the F23 and its ability to shoot both headless and slight head 23 ga wire. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have and can direct you to a dealer in your area.

Best Regards

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Gentleman,

I work for Fasco and can attest to the F23 and its ability to shoot both headless and slight head 23 ga wire. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have and can direct you to a dealer in your area.

Best Regards
What country is that fasco made in?

Ive got a stapler that i love made in italy from you guys. I dont suppose the pin nailer is made in italy?

·
Registered
35 Posts
One more for the Grex P650 pin nailer! Not one problem.

Cadex is coming out with a new version that shoots 2-3/8" pins and comes in a systainer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gentleman,

Best Regards
What country is that fasco made in?

Ive got a stapler that i love made in italy from you guys. I dont suppose the pin nailer is made in italy?

Pin nailer also an Italian tool. They have a complete line of European made fasteners as well

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
Been using Cadex for many years not a single issue, definitely a good quality tool.

·
Registered
746 Posts

Picked up a fasco. Tested it out and am impressed. I wish it said made in Italy just to make me feel better.

Looks a lot like my pos cadex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Good gun. Little picky about nails. I tried Cadex brads on both mine and a friend's and they liked to jamb. Switched to either Omer or Fasco pins and have had no problems. On that gun the only nails I use are headed. Omer pins are kind of hard to get. Here's the Fasco pins from Floyd Tool.
http://www.floydtool.com/brad_nail.htm#ca23b

1 - 14 of 14 Posts