Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this software? It's priced right but I'm not sure of the program. They do not offer a trial.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Almost all software companies give some type of trial. I wouldn't do it just for that.

edit: That is possibly the same product as TurboCAD, and you can download a trial version from their site. It's just a different package

Have you tried any in this list?

http://www.contractortalk.com/f82/design-programs-37226/

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did find they offer a 5 day trial. Not enough time to really evaluate, especially since I do not have any expirence with 3D.

I've used Autocad lite 98 for years. But now customers want 3D views.

There's so many to choose from, I have looked at your list.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Well, you have a 15 day trial with TurboCAD. It's $130. No matter what, there will never be enough time to evaluate.

It sounds like you want to go on the very low end, which is fine. I would suggest SketchUp. IMO, you need to have something that has a massive amount of public support from the community and SketchUp is king. Autodesk products are great, but you are looking at thousands. Rhino is a great program, but it lacks the punch of a great international support system. Chief Architect is a mid-range program that has a low end product. They seem to have decent support.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts