Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
chief pencil holder
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do yall get your stuff? I am looking for a better supplier of hinges, pulls, slides, and such. I have been getting them from my lumberyard, but I would like better prices, and more importantly selection.

For example, I wanted self mortising hinge for a vanity I am building; quickest I could get them from my supplier was 3 weeks. And price was $6 a hinge. I would like to just buy a case and have them on hand but pricing needs to be better to allow me to do that.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well not sure how much good I will do.....being in SC.....but we have a cabinet shop too, and we always go with cabinet hardware suppliers. Just for example, you can look them up online and prolly order from them too if you want.....and actually I think they have numerous locations...so i am sure one is close enough to you that you could get stuff shipped cheap.....but our favorite supplier is RICHELIEU. http://www.richelieu.com/produit/index.php?id=-1

Btw, $6 is WAY too high.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I use Charles McMurray, they are out of Fresno.

800-533-0533

Give them a call and have their outside rep call on you.

Everything in their book is in stock. I can call by 5:00 and the goods are at my door at 7:30 next day. Orders $400 or more are free shipping.

Good family owned outfit.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
EVEN I have a hardware specilties supplier within 100 miles of my location. Surely you people in civilization have suppliers near by. I pay 99cents for grass conceled hinges. blum, blumotion, all that jazz. two days ups

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,716 Posts
I want some of those self mortising hinges too. :w00t: I'm tired of getting the router out. Why should I do it when the hinge will mortise itself:laughing:

I know, I know you meant non-mortise hinge.

I get my hardware from two sources. Blum slides I get at my plywood supplier and everything else I get at Raybern's in CT. A lot of good that does you though. Check out Gus's supplier. At least he is in the same state as you.

·
chief pencil holder
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the replies, I will give them a call Guss, I like to deal with semi local suppliers if possible.

Leo, I think they are called self mortising, here are some on the Lowes website, and 3 week delivery though, does not do me much good. I have always used euro hinges but I really like how inset doors look. I don’t think you can do that with a euro. But I am sure 1-3 of you guys will correct me on that.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=89226-89973-P8293-AB&lpage=none

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies, I will give them a call Guss, I like to deal with semi local suppliers if possible.

Leo, I think they are called self mortising, here are some on the Lowes website, and 3 week delivery though, does not do me much good. I have always used euro hinges but I really like how inset doors look. I don’t think you can do that with a euro. YES you can. G

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,716 Posts
Here is a Euro hinge with a FF plate for inset.

Do it all the time. I use a Grass hinge and you need 9/16" of FF exposed to the rear to mount the plate. If you use a flush partition to the FF then you just use a half overlay hinge with a 9.4mm plate.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts

Leo, I think they are called self mortising, here are some on the Lowes website, and 3 week delivery though, does not do me much good. I have always used euro hinges but I really like how inset doors look. I don’t think you can do that with a euro. But I am sure 1-3 of you guys will correct me on that.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=89226-89973-P8293-AB&lpage=none
I put this thread together jut for you.:thumbup:

http://www.contractortalk.com/f13/flush-inset-door-hinging-options-56961/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts