Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the process of forming a CA Corp. I am the qualifier for the license. Two of the would be officers have misdemeanor convictions. One has two DUIs, one of them less then a year old. The other has a DUI in 2006 and other gun and drug charges around 1992.

Do these two individuals have to be listed on the license since they are officers of the corporation? If so, since they are not the qualifiers do they need to disclose this information? Will it affect us getting the license? We are still at a point where they could be taken off as officers if necessary (the corp has not yet been filed).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil, thanks for the reply.

My advice..... if you, the qualifier, have no criminal history, I would suggest you apply as the sole officer. After the license is issued, the other officers apply to be added on the license. If they are rejected after fingerprinting and history review... you lose nothing.

If i understand you correctly all three of us can be officers of the corporation and I do not have to list the other two on the contractors license.

Not all officers have to be listed on the contractors license? After reading this application I was under the impression that all officers had to be listed. As far as we are concerned I am the only one who needs to be listed on the license.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts