Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if a C27 contractor can sign off on my experience to get my general B. I've been doing general construction that is landscape related for years under the landscapers license but am ready to branch out. Also I have over 4 years of owner-builder experience as a fallback but I want to know if there is a surefire strategy to make that route work and what type of proof and verification they ask for. Any help or advice I can get is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
346 Posts
now is that 4 years of 8 hour a day owner builder experience? cause they calculate every hour......I had to provide time for 9 years of work to squeeze out 4 years exp. they denied the slow laid off periods.....down to the hour. I had a friend on the inside pushing my paperwork through......and still took 6 months to get through it.....uuhggg, the nightmares and shakes are coming back already!!!!!!!! going to my happy place, going to my happy place......

·
Registered
346 Posts
they did indeed:) I received a notice saying they added up my hours from all my paystubs and it only came to 3.5 years of experience. I had to use owner builder experience to come up with the last .5 years that I needed to qualify. and even then with a kitchen remodel, a new roof, and tons of handyman work listed......still barely scraped by with enough verifiable experience. Ive been doing this kind of work for 20 years now......aced my business and law, gen b tests, and fought like hell to become a legally licensed gen b contractor......If I had to do it again....it would be in a different state...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts