Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I heard from someone today that Ford is no longer taking any orders for Super Dutys and can not say when they will take more orders

And if they have any on the lot they are jacking up the price, this guy said $20k over sticker for a mason dump
That happens every spring, they shut down the plants to re-tool for the next model year in mid summer.

Reactions: rrk

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Wife told me of a friend who leases cars.

Leased a Honda Odysssey.

When the 3 year lease was up, she bought it.

Then she sold it to the dealer this year, netting 13K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife's lease is up soon. Our buyout right now is 17k, and last month Carvana offered 24k for it.

We will probably sell it to them and do the buy out, then go lease another.

My wife goes "does it make sense not to do that?", even after sales tax we make a couple grand, so it makes perfect sense to do it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I have 2019 Bighorn with 22,000 miles on it. The dealer is offering $ 5,000 more than I paid for the truck in 2019. That tells you all you need to know.
Seriously? I have a 2018 Ram, and got the letter from the dealer asking if I'd be willing to sell. Maybe shoulda responded to that. Cept, mine has 75k on it.

But still.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Builder
33,385 Posts
My 2022 F350 diesel 4x4 leather, bells and whistles is worth 10k more than I paid with 20k miles.

Retarded. Won't last.

I have 3 f250 crew stx gas 4x4 2018 - 2019 and one 2020 diesel f250 lariat diesel that are worth more than I paid for them..... the 2017, 2018 &2019 gas 4x4 stx crew cabs were less than 40k, lariat 55k - all worth more today.

Retarded

Same for the Transits.

·
Builder
33,385 Posts
We got an offer to buy my wifes 2018 Limited suv no options spared for what I wrote a check for in 2019. It now has 100k miles.

Retarded 😆

·
Builder
33,385 Posts
My 2019 F350 diesel dually 4x4, I sold back at 89k miles for 3k more than I wrote a check for in 2019.

Retarded 😆

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Not really retarded

It’s all about supply and demand

You could say the same thing about a house, sometimes people buy it and a year later it’s worth $100,000 more

David

·
Builder
33,385 Posts
Not really retarded

It’s all about supply and demand

You could say the same thing about a house, sometimes people buy it and a year later it’s worth $100,000 more

David

Houses won't plummet anytime soon. As soon as the supply chain corrects and there's new trucks for sale a bunch of people will be 10s of thousands upside down on trucks they bought used worth half what they paid

Something tells Me they won't feel real f'ing smart about that

Also you can rent a house, and eventually can get positive cash flow or your money back with a profit, pretty hard to do with a truck you over paid for used, most are borrowing the money and paying interest on those ridiculous prices.

Saw a 2021 with the same trim level as my 2022 sell for 16k more than I paid brand new for my mine with 65k miles on it. That guy will be very upset in 2 yesrs when that trucks worth 40k and he still owes 75k 😆

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Not really disagreeing with you about the used vehicle prices being nuts but it’s all about supply and demand

I’m glad I bought my van in 2019 and hopefully won’t be needing a new vehicle anytime soon

David

41 - 51 of 51 Posts