Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I looked for a used one last year, like usual. Gave up. I just went and bought a new one instead, used prices are stupid right now, much higher value buying new at the moment.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Strange times brother. There isn't a good solution here unfortunately. We ended up having to replace the wife's SUV a few weeks ago due to hitting a deer and writing it off. Found an 09 in good shape for a reasonable price. Couldn't stomach the cost of something newer.

Some might disagree but being able to spin a wrench can prove to be very valuable. My truck is 17 years old, tows a heavy trailer every day. I take care of it, it takes care of me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I used to feel the same, until I was doing more repairing than working.

My last truck went down almost monthly near the end of it's life.

The engine blew on the highway, and that was pretty much the end of that.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Anyone bought any heavy equipment lately?

I want to get a new skidsteer next year, but if it's going to be a year to wait I might go put some money down now and just get an order started.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I heard from someone today that Ford is no longer taking any orders for Super Dutys and can not say when they will take more orders

And if they have any on the lot they are jacking up the price, this guy said $20k over sticker for a mason dump
That happens every spring, they shut down the plants to re-tool for the next model year in mid summer.

Reactions: rrk

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Wife told me of a friend who leases cars.

Leased a Honda Odysssey.

When the 3 year lease was up, she bought it.

Then she sold it to the dealer this year, netting 13K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife's lease is up soon. Our buyout right now is 17k, and last month Carvana offered 24k for it.

We will probably sell it to them and do the buy out, then go lease another.

My wife goes "does it make sense not to do that?", even after sales tax we make a couple grand, so it makes perfect sense to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts