Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greets,

I have been provided with bids with a required load of 3 each 5 ton units. The first bid was for Goodman HVAC systems, Straaight cool/Gas split systems, 14 SEER Super High Efficiency at just under 20 K. I am unfimialiar with Goodman product lines and if you were to rate them how would they compare on a 5 star point system versus 10 seer York and 10 seer Trane?

The cost does include duct work, taxes, installation, etc......

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have been provided with bids with a required load of 3 each 5 ton units. The first bid was for Goodman HVAC systems, Straaight cool/Gas split systems, 14 SEER Super High Efficiency at just under 20 K. I am unfimialiar with Goodman product lines and if you were to rate them how would they compare on a 5 star point system versus 10 seer York and 10 seer Trane?

The cost does include duct work, taxes, installation, etc......

I would not recomend Goodman. 1 out of 5
Would strongly recommend Trane or Carrier or American Standard over any
Goodman product.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How easy will it be to change the air filters? What quality of air filtering will you have? A dirty unit is a dead unit no matter what the brand. If you go over 12 SEER you better do something about humidity control unless you live in the desert. Variable speed blowers are nice IF they have a good warranty. 10 year parts AND 10 year labor. I would not go with York. Goodman is gaining lately in quality but not near as good as Amana. Amana offers lifetime compressor warranty. Trane is good solid equipment.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Due yourself a big favor and dump the Goodman, like Steve said the best to me as well is the Amana line. You just cant beat the quality of there stuff.

My 2 cents
Bernie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts