Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am designing new business cards and was wonder what information do others include on their business cards?

I have my company name and slogan on the front.

On the back I have my name, my number and website address.

Should I include facebook or twitter addresses?

Do you include the address of your business?

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Mine just has company name/ logo ( no slogan I think they are cheesy) my name, office address and phone number. On the back it has a list of services. Then I have a different card that is the same as the others, but has my cell number, and no list of services. I give that to clients on a folder with my proposal

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I always have cards with nothing on the back.

Lots of the time when I receive a card I write a note or some reference on it.

Like on my excavator's card "$150/hr to move telehandler"

So I expect when I pass out a card, the prospective client might want some space too.

·
Registered
819 Posts
i recommend using a unique background...if you threw 100 cards on a table how long would it take you to find yours? mine takes 1-2 seconds

i use large print....make it easy to read fast

i have all my info

name
phone
fax
address
organizations i belong to
master plumber #
Website
Email address
slogan
my name

its ALL on there...yet its easy to read fast

company name ,phone# and organizations i belong to (BBB) in large print

Put your address in small print...same with fax and any licensing #'s (things the customer doesn't have to see fast)

don't skimp on the cards....i pass 2 or 3 out to every customer and tell them to pass it around if they are happy with my work

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you have a facebook business account you can receive cards from moo.com for the shipping cost. Their facebook card is really nice and almost like a business card. I had my business card redesigned after I got them. Moo uses your cover photo and profile photo as well as your company info to produce a high quality card.

·
Licensed Gas contractor
708 Posts
It might be hard for some trades but when I do work on a persons pool system, I attach a sticker with my info on it to the equipment. These are UV tested and fade resistant stickers. So if they lose my business card all they have to do is look at the equipment to find my number.

·
More than pushing brooms!
79 Posts
Add a QR code that links to a photo portfolio of your work.

https://www.unitaglive.com/qrcode offers free QR codes that you can customize to your needs. Don't let someone sucker you into paying for a QR code - these babies can easily be made for free.

·
More than pushing brooms!
79 Posts
As we are in this digital age, aren't business cards becoming extinct? Mine are affixed to business card magnets to be mounted on heaters and refrigerators. But for the most part, anybodys number that I want to remember is saved on the contact list of my cell phone

No.

A business card is the means to get the real world to follow up into digital.

·
Super Moderator
30,031 Posts
Office Depot. Company, logo, red white and blue. Designations, office/shop address and email. Office phone, fax and cell. Web site and Insured

1 - 20 of 29 Posts