Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
We are getting ready to start soda and glass blasting. Have most of the pieces, still need to assemble them but don't have any ideas for logo or business cards, any suggestions would be appreciated. Located in Delaware

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
As you follow your business plan, check with your accountant, attorney, insurance agent, etc. for references. These are usually small business people who can make recommendations like this on a local level.
If you have done your homework, you will also find logo design programs both online as well as more generic ones at office supply stores.
A logo is something that just kind of works it's way into your mind as you are doing the more arduous tasks during start-up. After you have an idea, have a graphic artist clean it up.
Many print shops will offer you this service for a small fee if you order your contracts, forms, cards etc. from them.

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
My self, I wouldn't pay anyone to make a card. You can use any decent art program like the greeting card factory to design your own. Your business sence and prefered services will continuously evolve and no sooner than you pay for a layout you will want to revise the information. you should not have to pay more than $50. per 1000 cards. There are on line print shops for cards that are quite cheap.

If you think of a logo that's fine but a memorable name to go with a web site is far more important I believe. Logos are designed to make you recognize a product on a shelf in many different stores or a franchise business from its sign on the street. They may enjoy the image of a well concieved logo, but it will not help them find you later on the net or a phone book.

Best user friendly and cheap web site that I am aware of is from Yahoo. If you are thinking of paying for that it is the same trouble when you want to ad to it. I am always changing somthing to it. You can see what mine looks like at betterblast.com

·
Rick
86 Posts
I paid a couple of hundred bucks to a graphics artist to design a logo , but had a lot to choose from and didn't have to mess with it.
He uses adobe I think.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
If you guys read into my response to his first post between the lines, you probably saw the method to my madness.
If you are planning a legitimate business, the logo and who can print business cards are about the last of your priorities.

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
How was the quality of their shirts and hats?

I get my business cards and company greeting cards through them.

good ... and ...bad....MY fault for the bad...new logo is VERY busy...doesn't work for small print area

vistaprint kicks ass...kicks ass

but, i'm somewhat adept at the 'puter, so that helps

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
good ... and ...bad....MY fault for the bad...new logo is VERY busy...doesn't work for small print area

vistaprint kicks ass...kicks ass

but, i'm somewhat adept at the 'puter, so that helps
I'm not scared of the computer, been on 'em since i was 10

And my logo is pretty simple.

Was more curious about the shirts themselves, decent fabric vs. cheap china fabric etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts