Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Rock it, easier to clean because no chain. I dont use an adjustable float bracket. I like to be able to manually turn the floats edges to get the pressure I like for each pour. You can not do that with adjustable floats.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have used both, but I have the Rock-it. It works great. No problems. No problems with the chain type either.
One thing to keep in mind is the poles. The Rock-it has the smaller diameter poles. Personally I like them. They are light. 6 poles out is no problem. The do sag some, but not much more than the larger poles.
The only reason I point it out is because I like to keep all poles the same diameter. If you already have the larger diameter poles, I would stick with the chain type. If you don't have any poles, it doesn't matter. Except that it is not as easy to find the smaller diameter poles. If something happens you can find the larger diameter poles at the Farm store.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I prefer the Uni-dapt type. I'm not sure if this link will work:

http://issuu.com/copropisos/docs/wagman_catalog09

But it's on page 31 or so. The other type mentioned are also on this page. The Uni-dapt swivels 360 degrees and locks in place. It uses the smaller diameter handles, which I also prefer. I really like it on my fresno. I set the handle on my shoulder and when I go out-pushing-it's set and then for pulling I just give the handle a twist to unlock it, bend my knees, lock it back up and stand back up straight and it sets the perfect angle. I have them on both my bull floats, both of my fresno's and one of my markers. I love them.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I prefer the Uni-dapt type. I'm not sure if this link will work:

http://issuu.com/copropisos/docs/wagman_catalog09

But it's on page 31 or so. The other type mentioned are also on this page. The Uni-dapt swivels 360 degrees and locks in place. It uses the smaller diameter handles, which I also prefer. I really like it on my fresno. I set the handle on my shoulder and when I go out-pushing-it's set and then for pulling I just give the handle a twist to unlock it, bend my knees, lock it back up and stand back up straight and it sets the perfect angle. I have them on both my bull floats, both of my fresno's and one of my markers. I love them.

Yeah, that link is the beginning of the catalog. click the pages over until page 31, there is a page counter on the bottom.

·
Registered
400 Posts
On my way to a small side-job for a friend. See those adapters on my bull float and fresno? That's what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I like the chain ones, they are sloppier to operate, but are pretty much bomb proof.

The internal ones are nice but always need grease at just the wrong time.

That rock-it looks pretty sweet though, I would like to try it out.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well picked up a chain model. Sweet:thumbup: Now the dam 48" broom threads stripped. Out came the tuck tape. The stuff fixes everything. I'll ponder how to fix the stripped wooden threads on the broom. I'm not a fan of throwing stuff away. I get stubborn on trying all ways to fix things. Before I pitch. My brother would just get pissed and throw it away and buy another.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Well picked up a chain model. Sweet:thumbup: Now the dam 48" broom threads stripped. Out came the tuck tape. The stuff fixes everything. I'll ponder how to fix the stripped wooden threads on the broom. I'm not a fan of throwing stuff away. I get stubborn on trying all ways to fix things. Before I pitch. My brother would just get pissed and throw it away and buy another.
Pick up a cheap bull float base and adapter, or scrounge one off an old float, then just bolt it right to the broom.

New it will probably run you 30-40 bucks, but it will last way longer than the broom will.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts