Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I only had 600 gallons of storage on a skid we could move from site to site, or in winter, just set on slab next to shop.

Local fire chief told me I needed no containment because it was considered portable.

Our supplier would come to jobsites when needed, top off equipment and 600 gallon tank.

Winter months, we would just call him when needed, and he came to shop and fill tank.
That’s what I was thinking along the lines of. No room for a containment setup

·
Registered
20 Posts
We keep 650 gallons of road diesel, 150 of gas, and 350 of dyed diesel at our shop. During the summer we get filled up weekly or bi-weekly depending on how busy things are. We've only got a couple of gas pickups, that aren't used much, so often that much gas will last us 3-4 weeks. Given that we shut down our operations in the winter, and shelf life of ethanol blended gas is only 3 months, I didn't want to keep a ton of it on hand.

All of our tanks are dual wall, under a constant vacuum so it's easy to tell if there's any issue with the secondary containment.

We save a bit off pump price but the time savings are the real winner vs going to the nearest cardlock 20 minutes away.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts