Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you handle building permits? Do you leave them up to the homeowner or do you take care of them? My local county and city dont care who does as long as it gets pulled. are there any pros or cons to one way or the other?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I build the permit cost into the price. I prefer to pull them myself, makes things faster and easier if there are any questions.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ditto, I pull all my permits unless the customer has his own electrical or plumbing contractor. If that is the case most times I wont even do the job. I may get him under roof but after that I'm done.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I charge more than $25.00 to pull a permit but I don't say anything +/-. It's just there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Building Permits

Grumpy

Good Idea, You should also add "I guarantee a Certificate of Occupancy/Certificate of Compliance"

al

·
smartazz contractor
81 Posts
As a GC I am the person with the MC license and all the subs. It is my job to pull the papers. I wouldn't have it anyother way. All the inspectors know me by name and sight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
miketheparrothe said:
As a GC I am the person with the MC license and all the subs. It is my job to pull the papers. I wouldn't have it anyother way. All the inspectors know me by name and sight.
I let the home owner pull them; I'm not a GC that's why. I only have a Home Improvement license, which is all thats really required in the state of CT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts