Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Building radius brick/block walls

Just wanted to know how you guys build a radius masonry walls. For an example a front entrance way wing-walls Maybe 12' -15' in length with a 4"- 6" radius.. I always just build them using a level one course at a time or 3' at a time. Just curious if you guys have a faster way of building them. Like setting up using some kind of masonry poles for radius work, so it can be done with a line, not just a level to save time.

· Registered
773 Posts
I level the entire wall with a 4' level but for plumbing the wall I pick a few plumb points and make a template out of plywood. Usually takes two bricklayers this way though because I like the template to be around 8'-10' long (depending on wall length). Plumb at your points and adjust the brick in or out to the template.

· Registered
48 Posts
I level the entire wall with a 4' level but for plumbing the wall I pick a few plumb points and make a template out of plywood. Usually takes two bricklayers this way though because I like the template to be around 8'-10' long (depending on wall length). Plumb at your points and adjust the brick in or out to the template.

ditto :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,231 Posts
i am working on an outdoor fireplace/kitchen.the outside wall is about 40' semi circle,15 courses high.i laid it 10 brick at a time,racking back and plumbing in several spots.took a couple days to get the outside wall done.after that the inside wall was easy,as i followed the outside wall for level and measured the keep the wall plumb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.