·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bass, you should be flattered. Obviously your work has caught the attention of someone.
It is interesting to see the "infomercial" that builder is using to get work. Not a bad idea really. Lots of name dropping in there. The internet is an interesting place.

At least the photo was attributed, rather than just lifted.

Cheers,

Bass

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
The way it reads, they gave you credit for the photo, not the work.
Go get em,
Good eye Aframe. I didn't notice that.
They are just giving him credit for being the photographer. Bass should still be flattered, but yeah I guess I might be a little PO'd too.

·
Vendor
6,347 Posts
It looks like fair use to me, they attribute, and are using it as an example of a possibility. Ultimately it is up to Fine Homebuilding, as it appears they hold the copyright.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Bass, I remember reading it when you posted it here. I have done the same with by cutting down a drawer under a cook top. Perfect space for utensils.

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Good photograph ya took there, Soup............ who built the neat vanity? ;)

·
Still have all my fingers
755 Posts
I would be mad as hell if that was my picture,credit or no credit. Just the idea of posting someone elses work on your website is wrong. Your average person assumes that the work has been done by the person promoting it and that isn't the case.

I looked at the site for a while and didn't find much in the way of pictures that weren't credited to someone else......:furious:

·
Banned
538 Posts
am i the only one who noticed this? "If it looks at though the guy who built your home did everything" is it just me or was that suppose to say "if it looks as though"

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The average consumer will assume that it is an example of their work and that you took a picture of their work for an article in Fine Homebuilding. I would find out if it is being used with permission of Taunton. If so I would modify your copywright agreement to include a requirement that you a attributed as both the photographer and builder in all publications.

·
contractor
15 Posts
As long as they didnt lay claim to it I would take it as a compliment and free advertising keep track of who has it in their magazine and website and use it in your company portfolio. I would be proud you did an ecellent job great idea

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
I've seen many, (for lack of a better term "watermark") on photos...Tim U has it on his pics....I haven't the slightest idea how to do it, but maybe adding a signiture to all future pics may deter this practice....

It must be incredibly frustrating....

·
153 Posts
How did you find it? I might search web sites in the city I live in but probably not out of state sites. You did better detective work than the police did when my car was stolen. :notworthy

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good photograph ya took there, Soup............ who built the neat vanity? ;)
Ho, Ho, Ho!:santa:

I would be mad as hell if that was my picture,credit or no credit. Just the idea of posting someone elses work on your website is wrong. Your average person assumes that the work has been done by the person promoting it and that isn't the case.

I looked at the site for a while and didn't find much in the way of pictures that weren't credited to someone else......:furious:
They should build one of their own... then put a pic of that on their site. Otherwise, they should link the article, where it is clear who built it. Not just link Taunton.

am i the only one who noticed this? "If it looks at though the guy who built your home did everything" is it just me or was that suppose to say "if it looks as though"
I noticed that too.:shifty:

The average consumer will assume that it is an example of their work and that you took a picture of their work for an article in Fine Homebuilding. I would find out if it is being used with permission of Taunton. If so I would modify your copywright agreement to include a requirement that you a attributed as both the photographer and builder in all publications.
It is misleading. I will check into it further with Taunton.

How did you find it? I might search web sites in the city I live in but probably not out of state sites. You did better detective work than the police did when my car was stolen. :notworthy
I Googled "wrap around vanity drawer" and looked at Google images:

http://images.google.com/images?cli...awer&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Just seeing what would show up.

·
Still have all my fingers
755 Posts
And just in case you were thinking about copying something off of the site....oh crap, I guess I just did. Wait....I know.. I'll just give credit to them.

Text courtesy of some dunce who wants you to do as he says and not as he does

·
Banned
902 Posts
Not much is new under the sun

Drawers with sidelegs that wrap sinks have been around as long as sinks have been piercing cabinet tops.

The attached pic is from Blum's TandemBox catalog.

While the use of copyrighted materials, done without permission, is something the lawyers can argue over, it would be far tougher to make a case against someone who used some of your details in making casework, doing millwork trim, or other kind of housewright work.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts