Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I am waiting for all my license's to come back I was thinking of attempting to build my own site. I already registered the domain and I don't need anything fancy just an intro a way to get their info and e-mail. Where is a good place to do this I know there are places to do it for free but which one? Once its built how do I get people there. Any and all tips are greatly appreciated

Thanks

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
You might want to pull a search on SEO, and read the marketing & business sections for more advise on websites, sales, managing your business, etc...

You stated your domain is registered - do you have a hosting provider? If not there have been numerous threads on that, some free, some that charge - I prefer to pay for the hosting as the only "Ads" I want on my site are mine. Is it being hosted on an IIS or Linux box --- That dramatically changes what you can use for contact forms, etc...

You can create HTML code using any numerous software programs including notepad. I prefer using Microsoft Expression for my web site. Just starting out - sure you can do it by yourself, as your site grows, etc... you generally will find it cheaper to go with a professional, which is where mine is going shortly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try: coffeecup.com/free-editor

Once you are done building submit your site through these sites:
google.com/addurl
bing.com/docs/submit.aspx
siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/submit

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts