Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Buffalo Lodge

13794 128
I got a new project. It is a timber frame wedding chapel. A out of town crew put the timber up, another small crew has started the enclosure. They want me to finish the enclosure and the trim and finish.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
I really like the cantilever of the clearstory walls. Looks like a great project to jump in on:thumbup:
Reactions: knucklehead
I guess they heard that every timber frame job you touch has to get torn down eh? :laughing:
Sweet gig Knuck...

Looking forward to pics!
Reactions: knucklehead
There is a lot of wood in this thing. T&G ceilings and walls on the inside, Log cabin siding on the outside. There is also a separate log cabin to build.
The wind chill this morning was 20 below. I didn't even go out there. My cutoff is 0.
In the pictures it looks warm
I guarantee you it's not. He's not that far from me and it's friggin cold out here.
Gus Dering said:
In the pictures it looks warm
I am going tomorrow. it is only getting down to 19. high of 36
That's warm, it was -14F without the wind chill factor here today.
I am going tomorrow. it is only getting down to 19. high of 36
-6 when I got up this morning. -22 with wind
Reactions: Jaws
Kinda brisk this morning. Like high forties....

Had to wear a light trail jacket until like 10 am. Lol
I haven't gone outside yet today
Jaws said:
Kinda brisk this morning. Like high forties.... Had to wear a light trail jacket until like 10 am. Lol
Cool project, Knuckle.
I could never live somewhere that prohibited me to work all year. :no: I doubt I could go outside even to get to my truck.

That chit sucks. Can't even hunt in that kinda weather.

Hope it warms up soon, buddy.
I haven't gone outside yet today
Me to, I at least got some work in last week.
Jaws said:
I could never live somewhere that prohibited me to work all year. :no: I doubt I could go outside even to get to my truck. That chit sucks. Can't even hunt in that kinda weather. Hope it warms up soon, buddy.
Be a good time to renovate the bathrooms or something.
I have a month of inside work I'm waiting on permits for, it's a small town and the code guy only works on Saturday. It's been over a month waiting for approval
Jaws said:
Be a good time to renovate the bathrooms or something.
I meant at your castle, hoss.
I have a month of inside work I'm waiting on permits for, it's a small town and the code guy only works on Saturday. It's been over a month waiting for approval
Reactions: jlsconstruction
I figured out why the humidifier on my furnace wasn't working today. Ordered parts and everything
Jaws said:
I meant at your castle, hoss.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.