Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

What do you roll out of ?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
95% OF THE TIME PAN, however i recently applied sealer to a concrete floor, i rolled out of the bucket.G

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was never a fan of 18's. I have seen to many guys rip the hell out of corners trying to get that frame in there tight. I alos never liked that if I was painting a house all one color, then in the bathrooms and smaller areas I still had to go get a 9".
And worst of all I hate cleaning those big bastards.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I roll out of a bucket, you don't have to keep adding paint, dump two or three gallons in since the paint should be BOXED. then have at it. as for pan I only use them when I do varnish work for doors. I worked with this dude on a ceiling repaint coffer ceiling he puts a pan down on the floor then climbs his 6' step to paint the ceiling, the funny part was when he stepped right into the Pan:thumbsup: I was cutting in, I asked him why are you painting out of a pan, He told me "that's how real painters work!", I had to go outside and laugh my azz off, what a Maroon:laughing:

www.frankawitz.net

·
vandy
266 Posts
Buckets almost exclusively.

The only time I use pans is for occasional accent color work where very small quantities of paint are needed. I keep a 2 gal pan around just in case.

I'm not being rude, but in my area pros use buckets.

·
Da Boss....
474 Posts
Buckets almost exclusively.

The only time I use pans is for occasional accent color work where very small quantities of paint are needed. I keep a 2 gal pan around just in case.

I'm not being rude, but in my area pros use buckets.
I have to agree. I almost never use a pan. I own one, but couldnt even tell you where it is.

I do think it's a regional thing, 99% of pro's in Chicago use buckets.

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
I'm sure some will disagree but I find there is alot less dripping if you load from a pan. Much nicer on fast interior repaints where you don't get to cover the new carpet install with six mil plastic and a drop cloth. Sure it should be done but will the client pay for it? No.

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
99% of the time I roll out of a pan. I really need to break myself of the habit since most of my repaints are old houses we are rehabing using a bucket saves time and a little slop on these floors doesn't matter.

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I foolishly agree to paint on a daily basis ...............
I love how every HO has to tell me how they hate painting, I tell them I do to, that usually keeps the quiet for a little while.

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts
Spray
2 gal bucket with brush/weenie roller
5 gal bucket with roller
Whatever works best for the situation!
Yep. Exactly what RCPainting does.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts