Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I had a wallpaper crew install some very expensive wallpaper in two bathrooms for me. About 2 days later a few bubbles appeared. I was thinking of slicing with a razor then injecting glue with the sering. Its been about a month now since it was first installed any suggestion?

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
If it was prepasted and he didn't use paste then there may not have been enough paste on it or he didn't let it soak long enough. The paper bubbled when it dried because there's no glue to hold it.

I always pasted my wallpaper even when prepasted.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey guys,
So I had a wallpaper crew install some very expensive wallpaper in two bathrooms for me. About 2 days later a few bubbles appeared. I was thinking of slicing with a razor then injecting glue with the sering. Its been about a month now since it was first installed any suggestion?
The bubbles could be from too much paste, surface contaminates, not enough paste or the shower could have been used prematurely and the steam lifted the paste before it could properly cure. The installer should correct this at no charge with a smile.

If the guy is a pita there are a couple of ways to correct it yourself but it depends on what kind of paper. Some papers should be moistened so corrections do not tear but some will wrinkle on intricate patterns if too much moisture is applied.

Find the smallest needle possible to release the pressure. There should be some paper left over so worst case scenario you can do a double cut and hide the lines with seam sealer. Use traditional blades and one cut per blade. May seem extreme but with expensive paper tossing a few blades out to ensure a seamless repair is golden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts