Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Bringing a Blaster back from US

2285 7
Hey all,

Anyone have any experience bringing a blaster over the border? I'm heading to NY to P/U up a used DIB machine, from my side I know I'll have to pay duty at the border - anything else that may be required that anyone can think of?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Just make sure it's not filled with fruit, drugs, or guns and you'll be OK. :thumbsup:
Reactions: CO2Solutions
Darn! :thumbsup:

lol...will do. hahaha
Just make sure it's not filled with fruit, drugs, or guns and you'll be OK. :thumbsup:
Why pay duty on it, its used isn't it?
Remember to have the guy write you a bill for little dollars, so it will be lower on the tax If it had a port to look inside have that open so customs can check it out
save some time
Why get a lower bill? It's a business expense, a tax write off for equipment, he's only screwing himself with a lower bill.

They will ding you GST/HST which...who cares you claim it back anyways.

Bringing stuff across the border isn't a big deal, just do it yourself, shipping it across is expensive, shippers charge a good fee plus brokerage on top of that makes it really expensive, pick it up yourself and your fine.
Dyer said:
Remember to have the guy write you a bill for little dollars, so it will be lower on the tax If it had a port to look inside have that open so customs can check it out save some time
I get a lot of equipment from the US and it's still cheaper to pay a broker then waste half a day driving down.
Why get a lower bill? It's a business expense, a tax write off for equipment, he's only screwing himself with a lower bill.

They will ding you GST/HST which...who cares you claim it back anyways.

Bringing stuff across the border isn't a big deal, just do it yourself, shipping it across is expensive, shippers charge a good fee plus brokerage on top of that makes it really expensive, pick it up yourself and your fine.
And that's something you have to weigh out. Couple of light fixtures I just ordered it was peanuts, the ERV I needed was ridiculous so I had it shipped to a PO Box in Buffalo and went picked it up
Inner10 said:
I get a lot of equipment from the US and it's still cheaper to pay a broker then waste half a day driving down.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.