Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

brightest line laser

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  sandshooter 
#1 ·
i'm helping my sister setup her custom wallpaper shop and were looking for a line laser that could serve as a reference.

sheets are max 30' and my bosch gll3-80 wouldn't cut it with working lights on.

are green lines that much better?

i know that some people in the same industry run 2 or 3 lasers pointing at each other to show the line with the lights on.

#7 ·
duburban said:
Oh, good idea. I'll check that out. I don't think that would work because she'll be following the line while doing delicate brush work etc…

Heres what i'm seeing for green lasers: http://plslaser.com/products/pls-180-green-beam
I have the PLS2 in red.

Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Great for interior work.

Didn't know they made it in a green laser!

Thanks for the link.

#10 ·
duburban said:
For indoor work having the green makes good sense. i don't mind using a detector outside but inside makes me think laser tech. needs to catch up.

They could crank up the power so we could etch level lines into drywall…
That's the blue one.

Mine's on backorder.

Still haven't found a good "bullchit" line to give the customer, when I plug it in and use it:

...and their transformer blows, putting out all the power to the neighborhood.

Ah well, "I'll jump off that bridge" when I get to it.

#13 ·
I remember back when red laser makers were saying green were no more powerful. Which is kind of true because they are the same Mw rating but green is vastly more visible than red indoors and out. I done a comparison of a green laser vs a red laser outside with pictures.

The red was a struggle to see 20ft away outside yet the green would be visible 3-4+ houses away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.