Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm helping my sister setup her custom wallpaper shop and were looking for a line laser that could serve as a reference.

sheets are max 30' and my bosch gll3-80 wouldn't cut it with working lights on.

are green lines that much better?

i know that some people in the same industry run 2 or 3 lasers pointing at each other to show the line with the lights on.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Did you try the Bosch with the glass on? With the glasses on I was able to see mine in full Sun....not great, but I could see it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Did you try the Bosch with the glass on? With the glasses on I was able to see mine in full Sun....not great, but I could see it.
Oh, good idea. I'll check that out. I don't think that would work because she'll be following the line while doing delicate brush work etc…

Heres what i'm seeing for green lasers: http://plslaser.com/products/pls-180-green-beam

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i know that some people in the same industry run 2 or 3 lasers pointing at each other to show the line with the lights on.
I think you may have found your answer. If the Bosch won't touch it I dont know what will If you need a Cross line.

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
duburban said:
Oh, good idea. I'll check that out. I don't think that would work because she'll be following the line while doing delicate brush work etc…

Heres what i'm seeing for green lasers: http://plslaser.com/products/pls-180-green-beam
I have the PLS2 in red.

Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Great for interior work.

Didn't know they made it in a green laser!

Thanks for the link.

·
GC/carpenter
43,907 Posts
I have the PLS2 in red.

Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Great for interior work.

Didn't know they made it in a green laser!

Thanks for the link.
However, after talking with the engineers from Bosch, they said the green lasers aren't visible outdoors and the red lasers are better. The green are more expensive but not better.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For indoor work having the green makes good sense. i don't mind using a detector outside but inside makes me think laser tech. needs to catch up.

They could crank up the power so we could etch level lines into drywall…

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
duburban said:
For indoor work having the green makes good sense. i don't mind using a detector outside but inside makes me think laser tech. needs to catch up.

They could crank up the power so we could etch level lines into drywall…
That's the blue one.

Mine's on backorder.

Still haven't found a good "bullchit" line to give the customer, when I plug it in and use it:

...and their transformer blows, putting out all the power to the neighborhood.

Ah well, "I'll jump off that bridge" when I get to it.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I remember back when red laser makers were saying green were no more powerful. Which is kind of true because they are the same Mw rating but green is vastly more visible than red indoors and out. I done a comparison of a green laser vs a red laser outside with pictures.

The red was a struggle to see 20ft away outside yet the green would be visible 3-4+ houses away.

·
GC/carpenter
43,907 Posts
I remember back when red laser makers were saying green were no more powerful. Which is kind of true because they are the same Mw rating but green is vastly more visible than red indoors and out. I done a comparison of a green laser vs a red laser outside with pictures.

The red was a struggle to see 20ft away outside yet the green would be visible 3-4+ houses away.
Will a detector pick up a green laser?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

can you tell me more about this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts