Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's time I buy my own Breaker or Rotary Hammer. I have a job coming up next week that will require busting up about 350sf of tile on a slab and 300sf of glued down engineered hardwood floor on a slab.

My first decision is, should I spend the money? This is the first job that I have really needed one in a few years but I could have used one a few times since then but I made due without.

I plan on buying reconditioned and had originally thought about spending $700 on a "Bosch DH1020VC-RT 15 Amp SDS-max Inline Demolition Hammer" but I have been considering stepping down to a "Dewalt D25602KR 1-3/4 in. SDS-Max Combination Hammer Kit with SHOCKS and CTC" for $460.

What I see myself using this tool for is breaking up tiles and hardwood flooring and occasionally busting out small sections of slab (trenches for drains and small/meduim holes for access).

I know I could rent one for the job but I'd like to have one and I figured in a little bit extra to help cover the cost of the tool.

So I have two questions.

Should I buy one?

If so, which one will best suit my intended uses?

Thank you for your input gentlemen.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I can get that one for $650, so I may go that route.

What types of tasks do you use it on so regularly? I wonder if we I may not do as much heavy demo work as you do.

One of the reason I'm considering going with a rotary hammer is the option to drill, although I have a medium sized hammer drill....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts