Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Painters,

It's been awhile since I've posted and I'm glad to be back.

I'm seriously considering contacting realtors for work and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Rohland, Jr.
Ranger Painting & Pressure Cleaning, Inc.

Lake Mary, Florida

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Realtors are not the best source of work, at least this has been my experience.
In a nutshell, if you were trying to sell your house, would you want to spend a lot of money on it just to leave? They are notoriously looking for a quick fix = cheap. Occasionally you might get a decent job, but for the most part, these jobs are quick and cheap. Not good marketing time/$$$ spent IMHO.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
ProWallGuy said:
Realtors are not the best source of work, at least this has been my experience.
In a nutshell, if you were trying to sell your house, would you want to spend a lot of money on it just to leave? They are notoriously looking for a quick fix = cheap. Occasionally you might get a decent job, but for the most part, these jobs are quick and cheap. Not good marketing time/$$$ spent IMHO.
I don't do work for actual realtors, but I do have a lot of property owners that I do rental repaints for. There really isn't much money to be made on this front at all. The only nice thing is I can spray out a rental in one day and make a few hundred dollars myself. Some of them I've been working for a long time, so I still service them, but I don't make any real money on these jobs. They are more like filler for slow times....Sometimes, if it weren't for the fact that they give me busy work I probably wouldn't do em at all. Guess this goes hand in hand with the responses on the new construction thread.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Tom Rohland said:
That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Volume.

In and out.

Wham, bam, thank you Sam.

NEXT JOB!

Tom
Ranger Painting
In that case you could expand that to apartment managers and property managers. Lowest bidder on those jobs isn't so bad when you can do 5 - 900 sq foot units a day.

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input on painting for realtors. I'll proceed with caution.

Any of you have maintenance contracts?

Now that may be the "ticket".

I visited the local Health and Fitness Club recently and low and behold I stumbled on what appears to be a Gold Mine.

Never mind the painting for now, but the entire exterior building and walkways are covered with "mildew galore".

There must have been a weeks worth of work right there.

Anyone know where I can find a good man. LOL

How about sharing some advice about maintenance contracts.

Thanks in advance

Tom
Ranger Painting & Pressure Cleaning, Inc.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Hey Tom, I just got back from vacation last night and I'm finally starting to catch up. If your willing to drive we have work.

Let me know.

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nathan,

Vacation? Now that word sounds familiar. lol

I'm busy now but would like to talk with you and perhaps I can schedule your job(s) in for the near future.

I'll call you by the end of the week or if you want to talk with me sooner, call my cell.

Thanks,

Tom

By the way I hope you enjoyed your time off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts