Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two box newels that I need to fasten. Going under the subfloor isn't an option. Reason being, on both sides they have a 3" thick double joist directly underneath. Won't work to notch around.

I'm goint to run a 10" block in the center. PL on bottom. Fastened with a really long GRK down through the top. Then I want to use L-brackets of some kind on the outside.

I want to use L-brackets like below but would rather make my own moulding. Anyone know if they can be bought solo? Or an alternative, I don't see a need to pay 25 bucks piece for the kit.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I've got two box newels that I need to fasten. Going under the subfloor isn't an option. Reason being, on both sides they have a 3" thick double joist directly underneath. Won't work to notch around.

I'm goint to run a 10" block in the center. PL on bottom. Fastened with a really long GRK down through the top. Then I want to use L-brackets of some kind on the outside.

I want to use L-brackets like below but would rather make my own moulding. Anyone know if they can be bought solo? Or an alternative, I don't see a need to pay 25 bucks piece for the kit.

Spencer why can't you go to the hardware store and purchase a piece of aluminum angle and grind it down to size . I've done it .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts