Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Dewalt portable bandsaw from Lowes for $92
Used one of these years ago to cut out some metal window frames.
What other jobs can I use this for that a sawsall or grinder won't do.
We do a lot of demo and I'm sure we will find a few things to cut through with this.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
They are a great tool and i see them used on tv a lot in metal fabrication for car frames and tube work. But im not sure they are a lot of use unless you do a lot of steal pipe work. I was gonna buy the makita cordless version but upto yet my cordelss recip saw and angle grinder have functioned great for smiler work. But you cant have to many tools. One day you will have it and be greatful you purchased it. :thumbsup:

·
Professional Remodeler
2,289 Posts
Bought a new tool because it was a good price, doesn't know what he will use it for, and probably already has tools that will do the same job.......

...I like him already!

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Some of the bigger ones are good for cutting corbels end cuts on beams and such.

·
Registered
853 Posts
A lot of stuff. It's basically useful for anything you have to cut along a line. I don't do woodworking, but it was a neat tool to use. The only one I used is a big, heavy duty 230v 3phase one in high school shop though.

It's better than a sabre saw for smaller pieces where you can bring the piece to the saw.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
you can use it to cut 6x6 post, rail post if they stick out wild, i se alot of fence guys use them!! GOOD BUY!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I borrowed one to cut iron spindles for a staircase.
after trying to burn through a few spindles with an old miter saw w/ cutting wheel I decided to make some calls.
the bandsaw made quick work of cutting the spindles

·
Working
4,127 Posts
you said demo work, sprinkler and gas line pipe cut and removale is what I have used them for. Also big 3" conduit cut through the wires inside and all.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Do you do alot of threaded rod? They are great for slicing it up since they don't noodle the threads too bad. Steel tubing, steel pipe, steel strut etc. If you can't find a good use for it I'l give ya tree-fiddy plus shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts