Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 6x10 trailer last week; had it lettered Friday and put in the shelving today.

image-3693068784.jpg

image-3373608091.jpg

image-1196848993.jpg

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sh*t, heading was supposed to say trailer.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it's a Wells Cargo Trekker.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Congratulations! Keeping it tidy that will work fine. Looks like some thought has already been made to get it finagled.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I did a good deal of planning before building the shelves - as long as I keep it neat I should be good. As far as a bigger trailer...I knew from the start that a 6x10 was going to be a little small but I got a heck of a deal on it. As I was putting all the tools in the trailer I realized that my next trailer would be bigger - the plan is to run this one for a year then upgrade to a 7x14 or 16 and possibly turn this one into a mobile hunting shack.

Reactions: TxElectrician

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I have a 6x12 for my gutter machine, loaded with a full roll of coil the weight gets to 1,700lbs and two rolls over 2,100lbs so I went for a tandem axle. It suits my needs and the short trailer is a lot easier getting it in tight spots and my Tundra likes it, considering it's dragged daily that's important.

·
Registered
358 Posts
looks good man. :thumbup:

I also have a 6x10 - wells cargo v nose. and I also have a dewalt slider... I can tell you from experiance that the saw will wear faster if you transport it upright. might want to lay it down while moving the trailer. just a thought...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TRMolnar said:
I can tell you from experiance that the saw will wear faster if you transport it upright. might want to lay it down while moving the trailer. just a thought...
I left it on the stand because it got shoved in there quick because it started raining - I plan on taking the saw off the stand for storage and hauling.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I started looking for a trailer I wanted to get a tandem; they run more than I was looking to spend but I figured I would just wait a little longer and stash some more money away for it. Then I found this trailer....for the money I couldn't pass it up - I realize that it isn't optimal for what I need but it is better than what I had before. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, I will be upgrading to a trailer that is more suited to the task.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts