Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I finally bought a CT26 E dustless vac. My 18 year old Craftsman shop vac will no longer go into a customer's home.
The new vac will soon be put into daily use.

My only concern it packing it upstairs, it doesn't seem easy to pick up with two hands. Any systainers would have to be removed so you can use the handle to carry it up steps.

The Planex sander sure looks nice. Maybe next year.

·
Contractor
4,742 Posts
I have a small sys on top which I use to carry up/down (new bag-less weight). I'm going to eventually buy one of the smaller units for toting around a home-the 26 is cumbersome.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Ohio painter said:
Today I finally bought a CT26 E dustless vac. My 18 year old Craftsman shop vac will no longer go into a customer's home. The new vac will soon be put into daily use. My only concern it packing it upstairs, it doesn't seem easy to pick up with two hands. Any systainers would have to be removed so you can use the handle to carry it up steps. The Planex sander sure looks nice. Maybe next year.
Just got the same vac. With one or two systainers on top I was able to rock it back on the big wheels and pull it up stairs.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been putting this purchase off for the last 18 months. I finally said to myself that I can keep using my old shop vac in customer's homes.
With the type of work I do people don't want their homes to be treated like it is a construction site, empty homes are one thing but the vast majority of my work are occupied residential repaints.

I do alot of sanding whether prepping walls and trim or making repairs and my goal is to always to leave people's homes cleaner than I found them. The dustless vac is a move in that direction. People do notice.

In the next year or so I hope to replace my DeWalt sander that gets alot of use, with a Festool in order to work towards my goal.
The Planex may be a year or two away at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts