Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Contractor
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an "Action" camera. I gave it a try on the site a few days ago.

First one is the first test, kind of boring, but might be fun for some to watch. I can't figure out how to fast forward a vid and save it.

My second attempt, shorter and I think a better show, I still wish I knew how to edit for faster playback.

This third video is a demo we worked on yesterday, I set it to take a pic every 60 seconds, I stopped it part way through for a bit of downtime, then picked up again. you can tell by the lighting.

Again, I have no editing software, but it turned out pretty cool. The Dump truck is behind the tree....

The battery only lasted 3 hours, but by then most of our efforts were out of camera view.

Let me know what you think....and if anyone knows of software that can edit the time lapse, and the other vids, better let me know.

·
Contractor
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Typical government job. One guy working, 4 guys B.S. ing. LOL.:laughing:

What do you intend to do with the camera?
We were asked to stop work for a brief period due to the noise we were making. So that resulted in the standing around trying to do quite work. Once our "time out" was over we got a lot done.

As far as intended use of the camera, I think it is interesting to do the time lapse of demolition as well as document the builds we do.

Goldenview said:
It would be neat to mount that to the arm.
It can be mounted pretty much anywhere, on the arm it might get busted up.

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
Nice Tom, the video quality is awesome :thumbsup: Who makes the camera?
Love that 48" bucket, I use to use it when I did a few developments and we did the sidewalks... you can't beat that.

Take a look at This Link maybe it will work for what you need to do.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Hello Tom,

Nice video.

The carburetor on the excavator sounds like it's loading up?

·
Contractor
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Nick, thanks! :)

Nice to see you.

You might be right about the carburetor, I'll have to have it checked out. Performance has been down lately, (fuel consumption up), I would have never thought to check the carburetor.

Lucky for me you stopped by when you did..... :laughing:

Post more often.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts