Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Bostitch 28 degree wire weld framer. Its somewhere around 5 years old but to be honest I haven't used it much. I went through a period where everything I was getting offered was finish work so the framing gun sat on the shelf.

Anyway, did a deck job a couple weeks ago and broke out the framer. It ran great without any problems. Next job on the list was building a bunch of heavy duty shelving in a garage.

Was using the Bostitch to nail my 2x4 frame together when it started shooting blanks. I oiled everything up and it started working fine again.

The next day I start to nail off the 5/8 CDX that I was flooring the shelves with and the gun just went crazy. Miss fire after miss fire. Fired 10-15 blanks for every nail it drove. I've tried 2 different compressors and 3 different brands of nails. It's completely useless now. So what should I check, any ideas?

·
Registered
15,267 Posts
Was thinking of trading in old one for this one. I'm not sure now. It's doesn't have a feed piston, maybe the trigger leaks air short circuiting the cycle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts