Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pro
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this gun at all? I am a Paslode man but recently a friend gave me a BT-200 that the firing pin broke on. It is going to run around $35 to buy the parts/shipping. I can find several on the net that are rebuilt for $40. I don't really need the gun right now. May just stick it away for parts incase I can get another one given to me. Doesn't make a lot of sense to fix it, or am I looking at it wrong.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
got one a few years back - its been a huge pita - it miss fires! sometimes every other shot, sometimes all the shots. Had it in to the tool shop for a check over -- (out of warranty by then) and they said it works fine, you gotta use stanley pins exclusively - uh huh- no diff. used stanley pins, same problem.
I still have it, gathering dust on a shelf in my garage. I'll probably CL it.

Laurie

http://www.lauriescustomfinishing.ca

·
Registered
41 Posts
A paslode man:thumbsup: I used to use one myself up Flagstaff, AZ when I was trimming new townhomes up there. Had to get special caps for the high altitude, took awhile for the gun to warm up when it was snowin' but other then that I loved it! Anyway, back on topic, I wouldn't bother fixin' that bostitch, not worth it imo!

·
Pro
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I kinda had my fill with Bostitch after a couple N80 framing guns. I'll just pile it up somewhere and hope to find another donor gun one day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts