Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may know, becuase I've said it a few times, my boss goes on vacation for two weeks every summer. He's driving to the air port as I type. I'm left to do the work of two peope while he's gone.

My reign of terror begins! Muhahahaha

Seriously though I'm gonna be busy as a beaver for the next two weeks. Tomorrow I am going paint ball shooting and that's probably the last fun thing I will do for the next two weeks.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Grumpy, that's the good part of being the 'boss'. If you ever become one, you will understand. I'll be 54 on th 21st and still spend almost every day in the field. I really hate office work.
I have some things that I want to do in the fall and winter, one of which is to escape winter and you can do that south of the equator. I'll be there for Christmas. Bing Crosby
Many years ago a smart man told me that if he couldn't make $500.00 a day that he wouldn't bother showing up. He owned the company and didn't show up on occasion. Later, a man told me that I would never make much money working for someone else, I was under his employ at the time. When that contract was up I went out on my own and never looked back and he was right!
I'm now 'the boss', seeee yaa!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Teetor actually my goal is to soon become my own boss and make $1000 per day. There are roughly 200 working days per year here in chicago so that's 200k per year. That's my goal. I think it can be done, at least in theory. I worked out all the numbers and figured based on my sales now and the production and material costs now, if I were my boss I'd be making that much.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Don't forget the summer vacations in Alaska once you get into all that money :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts