Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware that the Bosch Wheelbarrow compressors are garbage. I spent about 1600 on mine and the regulators are crap. Model CGT8-65W. I thought it would be awesome with a Honda engine but the regulator is junk and the pressure valve won't stay closed.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,682 Posts
So, the regulator sucks. How is the compressor? The regulator is only a small part of the whole pc, it can be replaced. You done anything with the warranty yet. Maybe you got a bad one, can't condemn the whole lot of them if you got a bad one.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
does it have a constant run setting? we have a rol-air, when were framing and sheathing we have it set for the motor to run constant so theres no losss of pressure. once its at pressure it will let off air and keep running.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the regulator sucks ya, the engine rocks it is a Honda. Bosch has no idea what is going on because they said the compressors are to new and they don't know what to do. I have to drive an hour and a half to a repair center because the centers around me are certified for electronics only not compressors or lasers. The guy i spoke to at a service center sounded awesome and he will check it out tuesday. The thing runs constant so the emergency valve kicks on every time the engine fires up to fill tanks. I used to love bosch i had bosch everything, but this compressor has been a nightmare. i should have waited until local places began to carry the compressors. I would love the compressor it has just given me to many problems to ever like it again.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW the little regulator is 100 bucks. Craziness. ya supposodly it will be warranteed. HOPEFULLY.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
this is good to know anyway, about to buy a new compressor the one i have know is about to die.. waiting for the 2nd gen is usually the best bet with bosch... they come out with something thats a good idea. 1st gen has a ton of bugs in it with alot of their gear then the 2nd gen is good to go and kill off dewalt

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
like my dad always used to say about cars. Never buy the first year new model. Wait a year or two to get all the bugs out. Then you are golden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts