Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have one?

How does it perform?

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
are these out yet?, absolutely no sign of them in my neck of the woods and most of the dealers dont know about em either

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Their being sold online as far as I can tell.

I love Bosch.

This one seems to have a system of loading coils similar to Bostich's
(which is the best in the industry hands down).

I'd love to try one.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
cool, we have a bostich, works well except when getting trigger happy and forgetting to reload:rolleyes:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have 3 of the RN49s (i think that's correct?) and really like all but one. One seems to "kick" or actuates a little hard.

But real smooth, fast, and light guns.

What features are different on the new model that would improve it?

Though I'm doing less and less shingles it seems. By the time the shingling starts, I'm setting up the next job.

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, we have a bostich, works well except when getting trigger happy and forgetting to reload:rolleyes:

Tell me about it.

I get so fast with that thing that I unload it in about a minute...but luckily, I have it reloaded in less than 5 seconds (just have the helper place a coil at the end of each bundle so before I even start the next bundle, I'm reloaded).

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 3 of the RN49s (i think that's correct?) and really like all but one. One seems to "kick" or actuates a little hard.

But real smooth, fast, and light guns.

What features are different on the new model that would improve it?

Though I'm doing less and less shingles it seems. By the time the shingling starts, I'm setting up the next job.
Brand?

Sounds like Porter Cables?

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
403 Posts
The best!
ya, I'm really impressed by the RN46, it's really fast to reload, I like that it does not fire when it's empty too.

I'm ruff on my gun too, I tend to oil it about 2-3 times a season when I think of it and that's about it.

I've had to rebuild one after 2 good seasons of abuse.

I've used Paslode, Porter Cable and Hitatchi nailers and I like my RN46's the best of any I've used. Fairly priced too, I generally get them under $200 when they are on sale.

Compressors seem to be the thing I find that drive me nuts. I can't seem to find any that work more than a season.

I normally run 3 guns max on a roof, and normally just run the twin tank compressors. I just bought a 17 gallon instead to see if that works any better, so I'm crossing my fingers.

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya, I'm really impressed by the RN46, it's really fast to reload, I like that it does not fire when it's empty too.

I'm ruff on my gun too, I tend to oil it about 2-3 times a season when I think of it and that's about it.

I've had to rebuild one after 2 good seasons of abuse.

I've used Paslode, Porter Cable and Hitatchi nailers and I like my RN46's the best of any I've used. Fairly priced too, I generally get them under $200 when they are on sale.

Compressors seem to be the thing I find that drive me nuts. I can't seem to find any that work more than a season.

I normally run 3 guns max on a roof, and normally just run the twin tank compressors. I just bought a 17 gallon instead to see if that works any better, so I'm crossing my fingers.
I have a Dewalt D55146 that crapped out on me with less than 100 hours on it.

Their Service Department locally (New York/New Jersey area) was horrible and even though it was a complete failure of the product, I still had to pay $100. to get it back! They did NOT honor their warranty! And, it was in immaculate condition when I took it in!

That (the Service Manager's attitude and their inability to get it fixed right the first time...it was in twice!) has totally turned me off of DeWalt products.

I used to be a diehard loyal fan, but I'm done with them.

If they fail now, it'll be because of "who" they hire and the lagging quality in their products (which I understand is noticable across the range of their tools).

Bosch on the other hand replaced a part to one of their products that "I" messed up and they didn't even charge me! They didn't question me, they didn't interrogate me...all they said was "No problem, we'll have one out to you today." That's it. I asked how much, they said, don't worry abou it!

Now, I roll with Bosch.

I still think DeWalt makes the best Drills, Drivers and Cordless tools (+ they have great table saws), but that's it. I'm done with them.

I could take tools failing.
Nothing is perfect.
I can even accept a relatively new tool failing prematurely.
But, there is no excuse for horrible customer service.

Having said that, I'd say Rolair has to be one of the best Compressors I've used...also, I bought a Home Depot branded Campbell Hausfeld that was damn near bulletproof even after having fallen from a porch roof. Never gave me one problem.

My next compressor will more likely than not will be from a company that specializes in compressors and I'm willing to pay well for one (as I was with the DeWalt).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

That being said, I think this is hot!

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anybody play with the new Bosch Nailer yet?

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NICE!

Single canister loading ala' Bostitch!

Truth be told, I'm looking for a new gun and I want to try something other than Bostitch. So, I'm going to try out the new Hitachi, the new Makita (if I can find one) and definitely the new Bosch (since as stated, I'm enamored with Bosch now...they have proven to be the most reliable tools I've ever owned under brutal usage and conditions).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts