Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys used the meter with the app yet. I been playing around with the app for the last month or so but really wanna see how well it functions with the app. The app has some glitches but hopefully they iron then out.

Noticed its popping up all over the place for sale now so someone on here must have it by now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm finding it hard to upgrade from the glr500 even though it has the Bluetooth connectivity that I've much awaited for. It's definitely on my list of wants, but not on my list of needs. Right now, I'm using the "measures" iOS app in conjunction with the laser tape measure and transcribing it down into the app. The app sounds like it functions very similarly to the bosch version, but with typing instead of being hands free obviously.

I'm partly on the fence because i don't do enough measurements in the way bosch envisioned the usage of their app to be honest. I use the memory function on the glr500 for stud lengths and measure singularly for molding etc. I don't often measure out room dimensions as I'd rather freehand a floor plan and scribble measurements there.

Then again I haven't played much with the bosch app. I may have to try it some more and see if my opinion changes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought the bosch 100 c laser tape and have given it some light use. My initial impressions match what I imagined.

The app is difficult to work with.

There's no way to zoom in on a picture to better lay your arrows. This matters if you took a picture with a lot if details or it's a large picture like a panorama.

There's no way to input custom measurements that are fractional as far as I can tell. I have to enter fractional inches. This matters when I want to input a measurement that is different from what the maser measure tool reads. I also don't need the 1/32 precision as it makes your diagram messy. I think this is a pretty glaring problem.

The export features are awful. I can either email a PDF of a project (collection of image measurements) or I can email a PNG of just one image with measures. I can't export to camera roll, which is puzzling.

I do like the actual Bluetooth connectivity as it's pretty cool to see measurements pop up on the app just like that. The app though, which this whole device relies on for this feature is abysmal.

I do like that I can export a list of measurements from the laser tape memory. I believe I'll find some uses for it.

Overall, I'm not impressed. I payed 250 for it and have slight buyers remorse. This is coming from a bosch fanboy btw. I own 30 lboxxes, large percentage of their cordless system, concrete/demo corded tools, and excited with their new C.O.R.E. Brushless stuff coming out next month.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David7586 said:
I bought the bosch 100 c laser tape and have given it some light use. My initial impressions match what I imagined. The app is difficult to work with. There's no way to zoom in on a picture to better lay your arrows. This matters if you took a picture with a lot if details or it's a large picture like a panorama. There's no way to input custom measurements that are fractional as far as I can tell. I have to enter fractional inches. This matters when I want to input a measurement that is different from what the maser measure tool reads. I also don't need the 1/32 precision as it makes your diagram messy. I think this is a pretty glaring problem. The export features are awful. I can either email a PDF of a project (collection of image measurements) or I can email a PNG of just one image with measures. I can't export to camera roll, which is puzzling. I do like the actual Bluetooth connectivity as it's pretty cool to see measurements pop up on the app just like that. The app though, which this whole device relies on for this feature is abysmal. I do like that I can export a list of measurements from the laser tape memory. I believe I'll find some uses for it. Overall, I'm not impressed. I payed 250 for it and have slight buyers remorse. This is coming from a bosch fanboy btw. I own 30 lboxxes, large percentage of their cordless system, concrete/demo corded tools, and excited with their new C.O.R.E. Brushless stuff coming out next month.
Well that just saved me $250. the app def has some issues and I'm unsure how far they will go with the development of this. I'm gonna keep an eye out on it fir a bit longer and see what happens with updates to the app.

·
Registered
159 Posts
BCConstruction said:
Well that just saved me $250. the app def has some issues and I'm unsure how far they will go with the development of this. I'm gonna keep an eye out on it fir a bit longer and see what happens with updates to the app.
I'd have you maybe test some festool for me in return, but I'm pretty sure I'd want it anyways regardless of your opinion haha. Thinking about selling my midi and getting the tloc version because it's new...

I said I could only enter fractional inches in my post. I meant to say decimal inches. They programmed that input field to only allow use of numbers and a decimal point. You'll see in my previously posted pic an example.

Possibly one of the Leica disto laser range measure tools have a better software app. I don't know if there's much ios integration though. A brief look on amazon shows mostly interface with a PC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Review of Bosch GLM 100 C and its app

Hello

Please let me introduce myself. I am a civil engineer and started to blog about laser distance measuring tools. My website in German exists since 2011. Now I began a review-homepage in English.

There is my review of the Bosch GLM 100 C and the app.

Yes it's true, the app could be better or smoother. But nevertheless if you use your LDM regularly there are many advantages that come together with the app. You get many possibilities to improve and become more efficient for just 100 $ compared to the Bosch GLM 80.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts