Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have one. I liked it a lot when it was new. The base where it connects to the front of the saw has gotten a little sloppy, and when it says 90° it's not. Also the bevel adjustment knob has worn out, it is spring loaded if you know what I mean. The plastic has worn to where it slips on the metal nut.

·
Nail-Bender
4,603 Posts
Used one for a bit don't remember much but.

Crap.

Bulky base made it hard to see the cut line

Didn't come with the guide fence. They say in the manual it's an extra charge you have to order that from them.

I'll stick with my Makita 5007n

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have one. It's okay but not great. I don't like the weird plastic ratcheting adjusters for depth and bevel. I am a fan of the direct-connect cord system, but I know a lot of people aren't. I'm sure the plastic base will eventually get screwed up, but mine hasn't yet. I got mine at around the same time that I was starting to use a worm drive again after using only sidewinders for about ten years, and now I use my worm drive a lot more so I haven't beat up on my CS10 too much.

·
Design/Build
641 Posts
I have CS 10, and overall I'd give it a 7/10.
Not a bad tool, but many of the same problems as the others mentioned. Bulky plastic base, one time the depth adjustment knob came apart and a tiny spring flew over the edge of the deck, never to be seen again.

I have since used my buddy's Makita 5007 and I recommend it over my Bosch.

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Not to beat the dead horse again, just musing.

I have used both as well. Both do have their place.

Cutting out windows I like a sidewinder because it's lighter. For most anything else, I like the worm drive, the Bosch in particular. I think the standard Skil is an obsolete POS. JMHO, so if that is the only one you have ever really used, I can see your point. Best one I ever had was an old DeWalt worm drive I had maybe 15 years ago. Only one I ever saw.

It always strikes me as funny and interesting when I see the regional differences in tool preferences. I assume you like the sidewinders with the blade on the left side for precision work? If I use my right bladed sidewinder for any kind of lumber cutting, I have to use a square to get a straight cut. I look like some kind of rookie HO using it. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.