Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't expect it to be cordless for long periods of time. I have the fatpack in mine and at 1/2-3/4 volume it's lucky if it lasts 3 hours.
Wow thats short compared to my milwaukee. I can get may 6-8 hours outta one battery

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
The radio gets worse every day. Last night I took it of charge at 10 pm then this morning turned it on at 8.45 and had it on level 4 till 1.04 and it's already flat. I am using the fatpack also. I left my makita on in the trailer last night and it had already been on for the whole day and it's still going now! If you need the battery to last then don't buy the Bosch.

·
designer + carpenter
556 Posts
The makita is definitely more portable (smaller) and longer battery life. I bought it and used it for about one week and then swapped it for the Bosch simply because I wanted the 4 outlets the Bosch offers. Also it has a 12v cigarette light port so I can keep my iPhone charged using my car charger while running pandora.

FYI my only cordless tools are Hilti so the battery issue was of no bearing to me. And actually I prefer the bass on the Makita.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly I dont really use my radio cordless. Ive only got 3 milwaukee xc batteries so generally two in tools and one in the charger. Normally im within an extension cords reach of an outlet so its not really that big of a deal to me. However if im not using any cordless tools ill put a battery in it and fire it up. This is all provided i remember to pack it, which isn't that often

·
designer + carpenter
556 Posts
Hey guys - I was in my local Home Depot last week and I saw the Bosch sales rep (in-store dude). He wasn't working when I purchased the Bosch radio, so I told him about returning the Makita and buying the Bosch instead. He reached into a box under set his laptop station and gave me a free 3rd slim pack battery. Sweet!

·
Registered
865 Posts
NINZAN STUDIO said:
Hey guys - I was in my local Home Depot last week and I saw the Bosch sales rep (in-store dude). He wasn't working when I purchased the Bosch radio, so I told him about returning the Makita and buying the Bosch instead. He reached into a box under set his laptop station and gave me a free 3rd slim pack battery. Sweet!
Dude's name is Aaron. Super cool guy. He'll bend over backwards for you if your in a jam. Also hit him up for t shirts and pencils!

·
designer + carpenter
556 Posts
Yeah Aaron is pretty awesome. He sold me my Hilti 14.4v cordless driver kit (http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/page/...F79AEC5399126296.node2?lang=en&nodeId=-395089) a few years back, talked me out of a Dewalt 18v set. I ended up buying the matching cordless impact driver which fits into the case perfectly. Best impact driver I've used...yet it blows away most 18v's. Anyhow, if you're in the Sarasota area and need a tool from Bosch, hit Aaron up at the Cattlemen Rd Home Depot. He will HOOK you up.

·
designer + carpenter
556 Posts
Got my two batteries today mailed from Bosch. They've got 2011 fab dates on them, maybe they're refurbed? Regardless they were FREE so bam!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts