Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 100$ worth of Lowes GCs and wanting to burn them up. I need my tool acquisition fix. The Spring Tools Paint Pro Pack, although nifty, still hasn't cured my withdrawal. :no:

I'm interested in this Bosch 3 Tool set for 169$.

I have a 20v Dewalt set and a Bosch 18v drill/impact.

My employer has the Bosch 12v drills and I've been surprised with their performance. I used to think they were homeownerish/toys.

Or any other good Lowes deals anyone knows of?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have that set, except I have the drill with the quick shank. I love them. It doesn't replace my 18v makita stuff, but for smaller scale stuff they're great. I do a ton of water damage repairs on drywall and that little sawzall is perfect for cutting board. I wouldn't use it for much more than that because of the small stroke. Battery life is decent and the power on the impact is impressive for 12v. I've been thinking about adding the drill with the adjustable chuck to the kit.

They are also nice for hinges and cabinets. They fit great in tight spaces and are pretty light.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Confirming my initial research. I'll end up paying 80$ with tax after it's said and done. I do wish Lowes carried Makita.

·
Super Moderator
10,604 Posts
I have the impact, drill, multi, and sawzall. The multi is the least handy as it is just underpowered for much more than shim trimming. The impact has a lot of torque, but seems very slow. The drill is ok, but I generally will grab a bigger drill. I do like the little sawzall for drywall cutting and light tight quartered demo. If I had to do it all over again, I would opt for the Milwaukee due to a larger variety of tools.

·
Hair Splitter
18,330 Posts
I had the multi tool and it was okay for scraping and like you said, trimming shims. Used it a ton on doors and exterior trim work. We actually got them before the release date from my inside guy at Bosch. All that we had to do was test them, write a review and maybe send some video in. It is definitely under powered and loud as heck.

I have used the drill, good to know.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have a few of the Bosch 12v tools, and have been pretty happy with them. I love the little Impactor. Great for driving screws in tight spaces, such as drawer slides.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have both Bosch 12V and 18V. The 12V is my go to. I have all of the 12v tools and use them all of the time I just bought 2 new batteries they are 2AH and they do last awhile. If you want to get more time out of the 12V they have a 4AH Fat Pack battery.But then you might want to use your 18V

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an 18v hammer drill and impact allong with the 12v drill, impact, and saw.

Most of the time the little 12v impact is what gets toted in my tool belt. Its got plenty of power, drives 3" screws into hard wood easy. The saw has impressive battery life, but due to the short stroke its uses are a little limited. Drywall and cabinets are all it sees.

If you want an ocilating tool get a corded one.

·
Hair Splitter
18,330 Posts
I have an 18v hammer drill and impact allong with the 12v drill, impact, and saw.

Most of the time the little 12v impact is what gets toted in my tool belt. Its got plenty of power, drives 3" screws into hard wood easy. The saw has impressive battery life, but due to the short stroke its uses are a little limited. Drywall and cabinets are all it sees.

If you want an ocilating tool get a corded one.
It's also great for cutting PVC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts