Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
It will be my purchase if things don't work out with the Kapex. Selling my 4310 along with a couple other things to help with that purchase.

I really really like my 4310 though. So if it is anything like that with the knuckle, then it should be good.

As Warner hinted to, it's heavy.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CrpntrFrk said:
It will be my purchase if things don't work out with the Kapex. Selling my 4310 along with a couple other things to help with that purchase. I really really like my 4310 though. So if it is anything like that with the knuckle, then it should be good. As Warner hinted to, it's heavy.
I've never owned a Bosch saw, so is it easy to adjust as far as going out if square and such? I've been a Dewalt guy for many years and have just made due with the bad stuff. I'm picky about things so if I'd spring for a Kapex I would expect it to be perfect, but I know that's not possible, so 700 would be easier to live with.

Not knocking the Kapex, or any others, but we all know there is no saw that is everything to everyone. The glide on the 12" is so smooth, that would be a nice improvement over the undersized rails of the dewalt.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I've never owned a Bosch saw, so is it easy to adjust as far as going out if square and such? I've been a Dewalt guy for many years and have just made due with the bad stuff. I'm picky about things so if I'd spring for a Kapex I would expect it to be perfect, but I know that's not possible, so 700 would be easier to live with.

Not knocking the Kapex, or any others, but we all know there is no saw that is everything to everyone. The glide on the 12" is so smooth, that would be a nice improvement over the undersized rails of the dewalt.
I have been using it (4310) for less than a year. It was not square out of the box so I took about 30 minutes to get it all squared up. I have not messed with it since then. I really like the up front bevel controls. Very smooth saw.

I was using a DW718 and put it aside for larger trim and framing. Still accurate but I wanted a saw for trim and a saw for framing.

I have been very satisfied with the 4310 until the last job. It had to be indoors or up and down 3 flights of stairs to make cuts. I had to basically work in a hallway so the rails were a problem. Then at the end of the day the saw dust was caked everywhere. I am done with dust. The 4310 is not good at collecting dust.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think before this thread turns into a Kapex love fest, what I'm really asking is, is this a saw that us going out perform my Dewalt 717? That's what I'm really comparing. I love Festool, have many tools, but that's not the discussion I'm trying to have.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
StrongTower said:
I think before this thread turns into a Kapex love fest, what I'm really asking is, is this a saw that us going out perform my Dewalt 717? That's what I'm really comparing. I love Festool, have many tools, but that's not the discussion I'm trying to have.
Basically no it's not gonna out perform your current dewalt. it don't really offer anything more than any other saw on the market. Its smooth but that's not gonna help your performance using the saw. If you intend on putting it in a shop and up tight against a wall then its a good saw.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I don't think it would "out perform" necessarily. If your 717 is banged up and it is time for a new one anyway I would say you would like it.

2 things stand out to me. Up front bevel controls and the ability to shove it up against a wall. I really love the up front bevel controls. Very nice. After having to work in a hallway for 2 weeks.....I'll take the knuckle too!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CrpntrFrk said:
I don't think it would "out perform" necessarily. If your 717 is banged up and it is time for a new one anyway I would say you would like it. 2 things stand out to me. Up front bevel controls and the ability to shove it up against a wall. I really love the up front bevel controls. Very nice. After having to work in a hallway for 2 weeks.....I'll take the knuckle too!
The thing I'm trying to get away from that I get from Dewalt is the deflection of the rails. You really have to watch how you do wide crosscuts. Just putting new bearings in my 717, so this peaked my interest. I usually get 4-5 years out of a saw before I have to start going through it. The one thing I don't like about the Kapex is that I have a pile a good blades that won't fit the arbor. That's where that ends though.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
The thing I'm trying to get away from that I get from Dewalt is the deflection of the rails. You really have to watch how you do wide crosscuts. Just putting new bearings in my 717, so this peaked my interest. I usually get 4-5 years out of a saw before I have to start going through it. The one thing I don't like about the Kapex is that I have a pile a good blades that won't fit the arbor. That's where that ends though.
My biggest thing about the Kapex has been the position of the handle. I am going to have to get over it though. As soon as the funds are there....I am getting it.

I have not used the Axial so I cannot comment on it other than what it has in common with the 4310.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I have room for it in my trailer but still hate taking it. I would sell it but the last one that sold here on CL sold for $260 I paid $750 so ain't willing to let it go for such a pitiful amount.
So what IS the magic number then?:whistling

1 - 20 of 69 Posts