Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a pair of timberland pros for $80 yesterday at Marshall's. $40 for some Northface low hikers, too. Seemed to be getting ready for the holidays. Plenty of keen's, too. Worth a look, folks.

·
Super Moderator
28,905 Posts
Are the Keen boots any good? Im wearing Durango Outlaws right now, pull ons. Pretty good boots, but thinking of switching to lace ups instead of pull ons. I have some Keen sandles that are really good, never tried their shoes or boots.

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the Keen boots any good? Im wearing Durango Outlaws right now, pull ons. Pretty good boots, but thinking of switching to lace ups instead of pull ons. I have some Keen sandles that are really good, never tried their shoes or boots.
I haven't tried Keen boots, but they looked well-made. If they had my size, I would have gotten them, too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tims suck in my opinion.I finally broke down and got Red Wing boots and i have to say i wish i had gotton them years ago.They have also helped with my back problems.Def the best $260 i ever spent.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
After that freaking banner on here I wouldn't buy Timberlands for any price.
Thanks for your support of this board (I'm not affiated with this board in any way, btw...and have even been kicked off/banned).

This board seems fair. If there's ads up, well, if you don't like them, pay whatever is necessary to keep this board up and running so you'll never see them.

I'd FAR prefer that boards have advertising on it if need be, rather than the board and all it's staff continually promote a manufacturer, unbeknownst to those viewing, or contributing with posts.......

BTW, not using product x out of a reaction.......

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
Timberland Pros that I got on a contest here are falling apart after less than a year of use. I wouldn't ever buy a pair. I am going back to Wolverines. Cost a lot less, lasted a lot longer and more comfy.

·
I like Green things
23,069 Posts
You are owning up to not only owning sandals, but wearing them too?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thanks for your support of this board (I'm not affiated with this board in any way, btw...and have even been kicked off/banned).

This board seems fair. If there's ads up, well, if you don't like them, pay whatever is necessary to keep this board up and running so you'll never see them.

I'd FAR prefer that boards have advertising on it if need be, rather than the board and all it's staff continually promote a manufacturer, unbeknownst to those viewing, or contributing with posts.......

BTW, not using product x out of a reaction.......
Let me say I might be wrong because of the stupid banner was not just an ad it would come on and the jump around and to get on the forum you had to chase the post all over the page. Now let me say it may have been on Paint talk. I have since installed ad blocker so I don't have to deal with it now.
I understand the reason for ads and this is the only one I have ever voiced an objection too. It was so annoying I installed the ad blocker so what did they achieve. And it annoyed me to the point I will never buy one of their products.

·
Super Moderator
28,905 Posts
You are owning up to not only owning sandals, but wearing them too?
:laughing:

Its Texas, on my off days in the summer its either Crocs, flip flops or sandles.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Tims suck in my opinion.I finally broke down and got Red Wing boots and i have to say i wish i had gotton them years ago.They have also helped with my back problems.Def the best $260 i ever spent.
What redwings did you get? The most I've spent is 160. This Christmas will be the 3rd year of my redwings service, nothing wrong with them other then they are really starting to stink.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a pair. Not as comfortable as I hoped. No padding. Had to put in inserts. Seem very durable. But idk if I'll buy another pair. Also, they must not breathe, because god damn do those things stink after a hot day. My boots /shoes have never really stunk before these. Doubt I go back, especially at the price.

·
Registered
498 Posts
How are the timb pro's? I'm planning on investing in a pair, I've worn out the new pair of boots I bought in the summer. I wear timbs for regualr boots.

·
Super Moderator
28,905 Posts
Never heard of Thorogoods. They comfortable? I dig buying American.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Jaws,

I love my Thorogoods. They have a model that is the same as a Danner Power Foreman, it's a great boot for much less than Danner (note-I didn't like the thorogood brand sole, so I'd suggest requesting the vibram when ordering).

I also like my Danner Super-Rainforests for a dirtwork/foundation boot.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts