Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've worn out my Timberland Pro Helix's in less than a year so I'm looking to replace them. I love how comfortable they are, but I would like something that would last longer.
Has anyone tried the Timberland Pro Endurance boots? I've heard they have a longer lifespan?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,702 Posts
I beat the piss out if red wings and they last 3 years

Yeah, mine look like they're still ok, leather & sole wise, but the support is gone. Nothing worse for your feet than wearing broke down shoes.

I don't wear em till the soles fall off & the stitching rots out, I wear em till they quit supporting my feet properly & my feet start aching. When I put a new pair of inserts in & they only last 4-6 weeks before my feet start hurting again, I know it's time for new boots.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
If you get more than a years wear out of a pair of work boots, you're not working hard enough. I buy new redwings about every 9-10 months. I'm due for a new pair now, my feet are starting to hurt & the steel toes are starting to show through.
1 year.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Yeah, mine look like they're still ok, leather & sole wise, but the support is gone. Nothing worse for your feet than wearing broke down shoes.

I don't wear em till the soles fall off & the stitching rots out, I wear em till they quit supporting my feet properly & my feet start aching. When I put a new pair of inserts in & they only last 4-6 weeks before my feet start hurting again, I know it's time for new boots.
also 3 years of framing 6 days a week in my red wings. I replace the insoles every few months and had them re-soled a few months ago. new insoles make a huge difference in comfort and support. my timberlands were shot in 6 months.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
pinwheel said:
Yeah, mine look like they're still ok, leather & sole wise, but the support is gone. Nothing worse for your feet than wearing broke down shoes. I don't wear em till the soles fall off & the stitching rots out, I wear em till they quit supporting my feet properly & my feet start aching. When I put a new pair of inserts in & they only last 4-6 weeks before my feet start hurting again, I know it's time for new boots.
It takes a year for mine to feel really good

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Timberland started out as a discount brand at Shoesource or whatever the low price shop was. They raises their prices and went after the high end market, but quality didn't improve as much as the price. We used this as a marketing study in college. I've never been too happy with my Timberland's. I just don't find them that comfortable. May just be my feet, but I get sore after a day. Merrill's, Redwing and Cabela's have worked good for me.

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
Thorogood Boots.

Wedge sole. All leather. 8". Reasonably priced.
There is no break in on them either, they're comfortable right out of the box. I get the USA made ones for about $160 a pair, and get two years out of them before the soles wear out, but I walk 4-5 miles a day in them.

·
Hair Splitter
18,330 Posts
There is no break in on them either, they're comfortable right out of the box. I get the USA made ones for about $160 a pair, and get two years out of them before the soles wear out, but I walk 4-5 miles a day in them.
Where do you get them?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I had a pair of wedge sole moc toe thorogoods and found the opposite to be true. they were stiff as hell and never broke in. very well made boots though and they were $140 on amazon.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
This is my latest pair, having slip-on boots for going in and out of a finished home is a dream come true. Plus they look like dress shoes under your slacks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts