Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a cheap boom lift rental company in NYC. I have called around and companies charge way too much for pickup and drop off in Manhattan . Does anyone know a local company that will not screw me on the drop/pick up charges?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That may be the nature of the beast since it is Manhattan. I'm not sure there's much room to park a tractor trailer and drop a boom lift with out creating some massive headaches.

If I were in your shoes, I'd maybe pay more for peace of mind with a company that knows what they're doing in a city like that.

They gave you their PITA price. Just like we do when necessary.

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
I thought United had a Manhattan branch.. it's a no brainer to use them if they do

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
companies charge way too much QUOTE]

How do you know they are charging too much, verses you just not wanting to pay their rate? What benchmark are you making your comment based of off?
Lets see the fact that the drop off and pick up rates quadrupal when crossing into manhattan. Hey I know it cost 30 to get over the bridge but being charged 450.00 for pickup/delivery is ridiculous. The rental was only 350 for the day. ( for those wondering rented a 40 ft boom lift)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not just price/bill accordingly for the project
That is what I did. If I had a place to store a boom, I would just buy my own but for the amount of times I actually use one it does not make sense. I learned this lesson when I bought my 60 foot ladder. Came in handy when I was younger and didn't mind lugging it around. Now it collects dust. The ultimate goal of course is to just stay competitive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts