Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
The title is "Markup & Profit: A Contractors Guide", by Michael Stone. I recommend it, I also recommend you google Sonny Lykos and Jerrald Hayes. 3 points of view on the subject.

And take the advise of TBFGhost on the search. Put on the coffee.

Good Luck
Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
David C

Great referal on Sonny Lykos! I am a newbie looking for insight on the business aspect of construction. Most guys I have been around in this line of work don't get that side of it, so it's not easy finding a mentor. From the few post I have read, he shared a lot of insight into what owning a construction business should be about, as well as giving praise and encouragement to those striving to be successful. I am sure this is a man that is missed, as I would like to have been able to learn more from the wisdom he shared.

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
FWIW, I credit Michael Stone with getting my pricing in the right place, Jerrald Hayes for a simple adjustment that made a major improvement on some jobs and Sonny as my main mentor on the internet.

You will find thousands of posts by Sonny on the JLC forum, he also posted here numerous times. I had the privilege of a few email and PM exchanges with him and still follow his advice.

Good Luck
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts