Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Quick books and a local book keeper for $50/hour, once a week for a couple of hours. She pulls all my transactions from online banking into quickbooks, codes them all according to what I have written at the top of each receipt, cuts my payroll checks using timecards I collect and code, inputs all my AP, cuts checks for all my bills, and leaves me with a few nice tidy reports showing how everything is going. She has no check signing authority- I sign everything.

Probably the best $400 a month I spend. And it is very scaleable. Busy month with lots of transactions and she might spend an extra hour or so. Add an employee? No problem. New vendor? Easy. Workers Comp payments? She does it. I do all the invoicing and deposits, she books the deposits in QuickBooks. And she can answer questions for me when I have them.

Doing your own books sucks. Pay someone else who does it for a living.

·
Contributor
42 Posts
I agree with several others here that if you don't want to take a class you could check into some college students or even some high school students that may be focusing on business as their curriculum.

As far as Sage 100 vs Quickbooks since I have used Sage and Quickbooks both I highly recommend sticking with Quickbooks as that is the most user friendly. Sage can be very complicated and very difficult to self-teach and you will most likely have a more difficult time finding somebody who can show you how to use Sage.

In looking at some of the different capabilities between the two while Sage offers many more features chances are those are features you will never use and there is a large price difference between Quickbooks and Sage.

Hope this helps,

Tracy

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.