Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys outsource your book keeping. I am contimplating doing the same. I was approached by a friend who currently does book keeping for a very large corporation (multi million dollar accounts) and she is looking to start free lancing.

She and I spoke on the phone today and neither of us wanted to be the one to state a wage. I personally have no idea what is acceptable. Any input?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Mine charged $200 for setup plus almost $250 for some software upgrades so that she could access the books from her office, she was here for 5 hrs. mostly fixing my screwups.
Most weeks my bill is $35-50. It goes up for the quarterly's. This is for 2 businesses, we are still sorting out the stabilizer business.
Worth every penny to somebody that hates paperwork.
She charges $35 per hour, $35 min per week.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I want a similiar setup like you. I have a dedicted server in my house which I use for storage of all my files. She should connect from her home/office and do what she needs to do from there.

How do you get her the "paper files" for her to input into the program?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I use Quickbooks Pro plus whatever she did. All that I do is data entry. If you are refering to real paper, I can scan or fax. There is seldom a need for that, she is a bookeeper and passes her info to the accountant as reqd. The acctnt doublechecks the #s and forwards them to whoever, state, feds.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Hmm, I would be a bit leary letting anybody, even my accountant access to my files on my server and working off my live books. I prefer emailing a copy of the quickbooks file, but that is just me. I could see how that would get too tedious if it was a weekly thing that your accountant needed to be in them though.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh you do the data entry?! Bah that's what I am tyring to avoid! It takes up too much of my time.

A VPN, virtual private network is the best method of allowing real time access. It's the most secure and probably what I am going to end up setting up (see other post about remote computing) . Remote computing is done by millions of people daily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts