Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be the best way to bond corian to a shower curb that is covered in kerdi? I was thinking silicone, but was wondering if that is the best way to do it
thanks.............nicko

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
My stone guys and Noble tech support say that silicon doesn't stick well to membranes. I agree with Paul, Kerdi-Fix is an awesome sealant/adhesive. But if you don't have access to it, do a light skim coat of thinset over the Kerdi, wait for it to dry and then silicone the Corian down.

Only do that if the pitch is built in, like you did :thumbup:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks angus
My supplier can get Kerri fix but can't have it until Tuesday I can wait if I have to.
Do you think the thin set skim coat and silicone would be as good as the Kerri fix or at least a good alternative ?
I know silicone bonds to corian really good.
Thanks........nicko.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
The Kerdi-Fix has a tenacious bond to damned near anything. Like Angus said, silicone may not bond to the Kerdi as well if not skimmed first.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What would any one think about two ss screws counter sunk into the corian?
They would be under the sliding door track.
Fill the hole with silicone then silicone over the screw head then the door track in a bed of silicone.
Nicko

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
What would any one think about two ss screws counter sunk into the corian?
They would be under the sliding door track.
Fill the hole with silicone then silicone over the screw head then the door track in a bed of silicone.
Nicko
Uh no. Why? Not necessary. Stop over thinking it...

Reactions: angus242
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.