Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do people prefer to use for carrying blueprints to and from site? There is obviously the binder clip and rubber band method, but there are also various slings, tubes and protectors available. Also what size prints do people tend to see most often?

I do a lot of site surveys where you are always moving, and there is never a great place to roll out the prints. This made me think what if there was a blueprint protector that could roll up to carry the prints and unroll to create a solid viewing/marking surface. I was thinking this could be done using solid segments on the back of a flexible fabric. Is that something anyone else would find useful?

I created a quick prototype out of cardboard. I am working on a nicer one with wood segments and Velcro straps to attach a blueprint clamp.

IMG_0143.JPEG

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Hey guys love the laminate idea, what's the cost ? and can you make notes on them and wipe it off.

I hope its less than tree fiddy

·
Registered
27 Posts
I email the printer and ask for the which pages I want laminated so I can pick them up at the same time as the rest of the prints
Thats a better idea. Eliminating the go to Staples step in the process.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Piece of 4 inch pvc. Solvent weld cap on bottom, threaded on top. Used a gate handle for a handle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
GC/carpenter
40,948 Posts
I ALWAYS have two jobsite sets. One for those working and the another set that only gets opened during inspections. Many times I just accept the fact the Concrete guys will destroy a set before they are finished. So I'll just use my working set after them. I swear the concrete guys must eat chicken on their set!

Mike.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Calidecks;7516993 I swear the concrete guys must eat chicken on their set! Mike. _______________ [emoji631 said:

Diesel fuel. Or used motor oil if they’re ghetto.

I provide an 8.5x 11 or 11x17 laminated for the foundation guys. If they want something bigger they can print it.

·
Safety Third
777 Posts
:laughing::laughing: Form release Mike! Although a laminated print does make a decent impromptu plate...

I worked with one super who had sets printed up for me and the other foreman on write in the rain paper. Mine lasted the whole job in my belt without dying, few decent rain days in that summer. I don't know how much that cost though.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
As most. Always have more than one set. But. The last few years I've been folding them. Always rolled them. Print side out, of course. Then I got a set mailed and they were folded. They were so easy to work with. There are a few times I have to unfold more than I would like, to see stuff, but normally I can flip it over or open one time, to see what I want.
Now I even fold them in odd ways, so what I want to see is where I want it to be.

I doubt I'll ever roll them up again. The original set, yes, but not the working sets.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
So a little more on drawing's, here in FL we have to have a set in the Doc Box that set I fold and keep in a large zip lock bag, my set I have the black plastic tube that can slide like a trombone but I will get the next set laminated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts