Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a blower machine that is using 80% more bags of insulation to achieve proper coverage than what the cellulose manufacturer states it should use on the bag. Air is wide open? Any idea on what the problem could be or are the manufactures numbers way off?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I truly doubt you could use 80 percent more then the coverage by blowing too dense as a densepack is very solid as is. It would also most likely blow out walls at that point, or at least put some drastic waves in them. Are you sure your calculating the dense pack and not the open blow footage? What product is it?

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I truly doubt you could use 80 percent more then the coverage by blowing too dense as a densepack is very solid as is. It would also most likely blow out walls at that point, or at least put some drastic waves in them. Are you sure your calculating the dense pack and not the open blow footage? What product is it?
It isn't densepack. Its just loose attic insulation. I haven't used the machine personally, we rent it out and are having contractors complain about how much it is using. For example we just had a job that should have been a 200 bale job. They ended up using 290 bales.

My thinking is that if they cut the bag open and drop the bale in and the machine isn't properly breaking it up they could be shooting clumps instead of completely loose fluffy insulation.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I run a Krendl 1000 and have found that I rarely get what the manufacturer's max coverage rates are.

It takes some time to get your techniques down pat. I am on my 4th semi load over the past few months and still learn something new each time.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts